Wednesday, February 18, 2004

I mentioned before that when you move house you have to inform the local magistrate, and I thought that I did that succesfully over the phone. Well I got a call from the Espoo town council to say that since I am a foreigner then I have to go in person and inform them that I have moved. I went there on Wednesday.

They told me I should also take my passport as proof of identity, and my ETA card as proof that I have permission to be a resident, and my marriage certificate to proove that I am married to a Finn. I arrived at the office at 16:17 and they were closing up. The official closing time was 16:15. They would not let me in.

I went back on Thursday in good time and filled in a form. They asked me if I was renting a flat and it was with a certain degree of relish that I said no, I have bought a flat out-right. Though now that I think on it when I was reading through the fine print of the housing association one of the by-laws that was written there stated that under no circumstances, could any of the flats be sold to a foreigner. So I suppose that puts me on very unsure ground, if they ever want to thow me out for playing Rory Mcleod to loud.

It is strange that if you do not get full cooperation in everything you want in your life then you become paranoid. I have written to NMKY about an insurance claim for Maija's broken arm, but nobody has got back to me on the matter. Good Christians do not claim insurance they suffer in silence. Christians never make claims to insurance companies since then they become a bad risk and their premiums will be raised.

Charlie Brown got it right in the song when he said "why is everybody picking on me?"

No comments: