Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Becoming a recognised person

Needed to make a new electricity agreement, and I contacted Espoon Sähkö to open an account on the 9th. The governing body of the house also wants proof that we have paid tax on the Flat so I will have to print out something from my bank statement and hope that that satisfies them. Maija has a whole list of things to do and people to contact before we can move into the house.

You are supposed to be able to inform people about address changes over the internet at Maistraatti or Väestörekisterikeskuksen but it looked too complicated so I justed phone up 0203 456 456 and notified them of the change of address there.

Yesterday I got my residents permit from the police station. It is a small card about the size of a credit card and on the back of it it says I am an Employed Person. It is valid until 21.01.2009

It looks like the Finnish goverment is very keen on knowing where you are living and wheather you are employed or not. Nobody gave a damn in England, or perhaps it was all done in secret.

No comments: