I would not want this author for a friend. Since I think I would tire very quickly of his conversations, but then he is a passionate defender of free speech, and the book is all about the First amendment of the American constitution.
It is heavily biased towards the banning of songs in the USA and the rest of the world rarely features. Al Gore's wife, Tipper takes a bashing, as does the christian religious right wing.
The main things that gets a tune banned are as follows.
- If it has a beat then it is jungle music
- If it promotes drugs or drinking
- If it has any sexual content
- If it is satanic
- If it contains references to death or suicide
- If it promotes bad language.
- If it encourages violence.
Can it really be true that only popular culture has an evil influence?