Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Ikea once again

Went to Ikea last night, and bought their Galant office desk. I had to go to the main building to do the ordering, but the tables themselves are kept in another warehouse on the opposite side of Keha III. I paid for the goods including three Vietnamese flowerpots which were green and are for some rosemary and laverder plants I have bought.

On arriving at the opposite side of Keha III the goods were waiting for me. The big bit of the table looked to big to fit in the car I told the man I could put the seats down, I opened the back door and he ripped out the luggage rack and the supporting poles, and threw down the back seats.

Hold on hold on the seats fit under the floor and they have to be dismantled in a certain order and put away. He threw out the carpets and cables and blankets and boxes and kitchen towels, and I proceeded to dismantle the seats properly. He sullenly stood in the cold night air. The front seats have to be pushed right forward when the rear seats are being stowed under the floor, and before I could draw a breath he had stared to throw things into the back of the car, and he jammed the biggest section against the back of the drivers seat so I could not get into the car to drive.

I said the biggest section needs to go against the passenger seat , since it could remain pushed forward. With much huffing and puffing he had to unload all of the stuff he had put in to make space for the largest section, When it was finally in place like a whirlwind he threw everthing else into the back of the car. No stacking carefully, just all higgilty-piggilty. He slamed the door shut as if to say there you go you car is now packed, and with many a snort and a spit he got out of the cold and back into the warmth of the warehouse.

I drove carefully home and struggled to unload the goods into the spare room. It was late when I got everything done. I drank half a bottle of red wine and went straight to bed.

No comments: