Monday, March 15, 2004

First Visitors

On Sunday we had our first visitors to the flat.

Pity the bathroom has been ripped out and they are drying it out with some heater, and the small bedroom is still a mess with boxes. Still the living room and kitchen and main bedroom are looking OK.

I inspected the bathroom and I noticed there was a patch of wetness on the floor on closer inspection I noticed there was a leak coming from one of the pipes. So there we have it a classic situation. They bring in this expensive equipment to dry out the floor and at the same time they have a leak which wets it.

I found the stop-cocks and turned the water off, and as a results we did not have any water over the weekend. We phoned to tell them about the leak but all the advise we got was to put a bucket under the pipe and stop the water from falling on the floor. Seems they are not really interested in what is going on in the bathroom, and they tell us the drying will have to go on for a week, and I can not understand why.

If they are going to put in underfloor heating then I expect they will have to spread wet concrete so what is the point of drying the floor out?

Riina and the kids will be coming at the end of the month, at this rate I wonder if the bathroom will be finnished in time.

No comments: