Wednesday, September 22, 2004

E301

So I go to Kela and fill in the forms trying to get unemployment benifit. Here is the sad news.
  • If you belong to some union you could get 70% of you last wage.
  • but that is if you have made contributions for 10 months.
  • I only worked for 7 months so I would not get anything anyway.
  • The basic daily rate that you could get is 24 euros per day.
  • But you need to have been gainfully employed for the past 24 months.
  • You need evidence that you have paid taxes by getting an E301 declaration.
  • I have until the 10/10/2004 to get one.
  • I worked in the UK for 9 years before coming to Finland.
  • My salary was payed by EMBL in Germany.
  • I worked for EBI in the UK.
  • This is difficult for KELA to understand.
  • I contact EMBL and ask for a E301
  • They say it is not relevant, and I should just show my salary statements.
  • I don' t think KELA will be impressed. They need a E301
  • KELA has no guidlines for someone who has worked for an international organisation.
  • Tomorrow I go to the employment exchange for an interview.
It feels like I have fallen between stools, and nobody knows quite how to handle my situation.

No comments: