Friday, May 14, 2004

Cold weather

A week ago the weather was wonderful with the temperatures reaching the mid twenties. Now it has turned coldn and is hovering around the ten degree mark and at night it has been dipping below zero, which is not good for all the blueberry bushes that have just come into flower. Could be that there wil not be much of a crop this year.

It has been so cold I have not been down to the plot, and when I drive by at night time there is nobody out working. Nobody is inspired to dig in the cold.

The old Arab opposite me is from Gazza. He had someone come and rotevate his land, but he pegged out an area which he wanted to be left untouched. I asked him what it was and he said mint for making tea. He offered to give me some if I wanted it.

A fat lady called Marja-lenna gave me a "lucky clover" It has four leaves and has dark brownish blotches near the centre. Apparently it also produces flowers.


No comments: